Thursday, February 5, 2009

What a year already!!

Obviously I have NOT kept up with my blogging.  Hopefully with this being a new year, I will get a little better.  As most of you know, we had a loss in our family recently.  We lost the girls' baby brother Michael John at 17 weeks and 6 days into my pregnancy.  We are very sad and are trying to figure out how to help the girls to understand what is going on.  Maybe someday they will understand how he is in Heaven watching over them, but for now they just know something is different with Mommy and Daddy.

The girls are starting to look less like babies and more like little girls now.  I love watching them grow up, but I wish time would move just a little slower!  It seems like it was just a few months ago when they were tiny little babies and now they are beginning to be independent and showing much more of  their own little personalities.  Bethany is ALWAYS busy (unless she is sleeping or eating).  She is my "go" baby (Imagine the Energizer bunny with her face on it!).  Emily is much more laid back.  She likes to sit and read or play with one toy for a little while.  They are both starting to say lots more words now.  I feel like I was gone for a week and I came back home to new kids.  They are both putting together two and three words at a time now.  Our favorite of course is "My Mommy" and "My Daddy," although "Elmo all done?" while pointing at the TV almost always trumps anything else.

We got them their very own "beep beep" while we were visiting Gramma and Papa because they kept trying to take everyone else's phone or cell phone away to try to talk.  They are both too cute because they put the phone to their ear and say "hi" with a great Texas hick accent, but then just get quiet and breath into the phone like Darth Vader.  The only way that we can get them to talk is to ask them questions that we know they will answer... What does the bunny do?  What does the horse say?  Where is Sissy?  My personal favorite for the moment is the horse because of the facial expression it takes to make the sound.  

They have learned to "love, love" each other.  I think we say lots of things in twice like that after reviewing our "baby" vocabulary.  We change "bo bos," bunnies go "hop hop," we get into our "eat eat" chairs, we give "pat pats," etc.  Oh well, I think I am losing brain cells and then re-growing them on a daily basis so that makes sense.

The girls love to dance and we have got some really cute videos of their dancing techniques which consist of bobbing up and down with lots of "round and rounds."  Although, one of the funniest things that they do is "happy feet," which looks very much like the movie or something out of "Flashdance."  They are also very proficient at "all fall down" which is pretty comical as well.  

Ok guys, that is all I have for today.  I want to save some for the next couple of posts that I will continue to try to do MUCH more often than I have been.  For now, I better get back in their room to see what they are into.     


1 comment:

Anne said...

Tiffany, I am so sorry to hear about your son. I had a stillborn son, Carson Graham, in 2005, and God has carried me through it. Cling to Him, because He offers us HOPE and because of Him, we know we will see our sons in Heaven!!